2023 South Dakota Turkey Hunts
On a ranch located just south of the badlands, you’ll settle down at the lodge the evening before your first day of hunting. Arriving before dark allows you to do some scouting with the guide for the following morning. You will drive to and from the lodge, and the hunting locations. If needed, the guide will meet up with you midday, or in the evenings at the lodge. You will hunt all day on the third day and depart that night.
- Harvest: 2-3 Toms | Extra (3rd) Bird: $500.00
- Stay: 3 days, 3 nights (Check-in night 1: 2p, Check-out day 3: 8p)
- Guiding: Semi
- Lodging: Included
- Meals: Not included
- License & Tag(s): Reservation tags are purchased over the counter online at Oglala Sioux Parks & Recreation using this tutorial or by calling (605) 455-2530. Application fee is $30 and each tag is $200 with a x2 limit. | State tags are lottery draw. Information and paper application can be found here. You may also visit South Dakota Game, Fish, & Parks website, register online, and submit your application using this tutorial. There is a $25 habitat stamp charge and a tag for one male wild turkey is $100.
- Transportation: None
- Equipment: camouflage, gloves, facemask, boots, shotgun w/ ammo or bow, decoys, turkey calls
- Game Handling: None
- Taxidermy: Bring a cooler and plastic bags to transport your game back on ice to your local taxidermist.